torch bearer
bringing the light of Jesus to a dark world John 8:12

Confessions of a Follower


Sometimes its really hard to know how (or if you even want) to praise God.

Ok, I know that is an odd thing for a follower of Christ to say, but we all have our tough days. Sometimes you just don't feel worthy. Or sometimes its because words are just so inadequate to describe our Creator and God. Whether because it's hard for me to praise God or to come up with the right words, I am so grateful for Psalmist (as well as the other authors of the Bible). There are times that all I can do is read something like this over and over:

Oh come, let us sing to the LORD;
let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation!
Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving;
let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise!
For the LORD is a great God,
and a great King above all gods.
In his hand are the depths of the earth;
the heights of the mountains are his also.
The sea is his, for he made it,
and his hands formed the dry land.
Oh come, let us worship and bow down;
let us kneel before the LORD, our Maker!
For he is our God,
and we are the people of his pasture,
and the sheep of his hand. (Psalm 95:1-7)

As I read this today, I came to the conclusion that no matter how I feel, I must praise God. If I am short of words, these can help.

Lord, I will praise you. As I do, I know the world around me will dim in comparison to You and your majesty! God, I love you!

Are you having a time of falling short on praising God adequately (or at all)?
Do these words from the Psalms help?
3 comments:

xanax anxiety long xanax bars kick - buy xanax 3mg online


buy ativan ativan dosage .25 - ativan vs xanax panic disorder


Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

About Me

My photo
Asotin, WA, United States
Follower of Jesus, husband, dad, and called to be His torch bearer to the world.

Blogs I Read

Followers