torch bearer
bringing the light of Jesus to a dark world John 8:12

You will leave something behind

All of us will leave something behind in life. For some, it will just be the garbage that is thrown away each day, but for others it will be a lot more than that. For some that knew my dad, you may be able to think of some of the things left behind by him...some good, some not. I think we can all say that about our own lives if we were truly honest. One thing my dad left for me was his love for singing. Now, I don't mean good singing, just singing. He would sing around the house, in the car and even louder at church. Me...well it's just the same. In fact, I love to sing the songs that I remember him singing. Old ones. Ones that you don't hear very often anymore. Even ones that are made up during the moment. As I grew up and had my own kids, I remember him singing to them as he held them. What a sweet thing to see and experience. I learned to do that and still do with my kids. We sing the 'oldies' around the house and in the car. I don't get to hold my kids in my arms as they fall asleep anymore, because they are so big. I did get the chance to hold, and sing to, a little baby the other night as he was having a hard time sleeping. I was able to sing...'sweet Jesus, sweet Jesus. What a wonder you are. You are brighter than the morning star. You're fairer, much fairer than the lily that grows by the wayside. Precious, more precious than gold.' And I got to sing...'Jesus loves you this I know, for the Bible tells me so. Little ones to Him belong, they are weak but He is strong.' And...'Many things about tomorrow, I don't seem to understand. But I know who holds tomorrow, and I know who holds my hand." This was a young boy who may never hear about the love of Jesus unless I tell him now. This is a young boy who has had a troubled life, one that I don't think any of us should ever have to go through, and can't sleep well sometimes. But I found that my dad left me something that I can use to impact this little guy's life. What are you leaving behind? Is it anything that you want carried on from generation to generation? Choose today what you are going to leave for your family...Thanks Dad, for what you left for me, my kids, and even the kids that may only get to hear about Jesus once. Your legacy has touched many lives.
0 comments:

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

About Me

My photo
Asotin, WA, United States
Follower of Jesus, husband, dad, and called to be His torch bearer to the world.

Blogs I Read

Followers