torch bearer
bringing the light of Jesus to a dark world John 8:12

Static Electricity

Static electricity. I don’t know why, but I’m plagued with it. Not as much as my wife I might add, but still plagued none the less. It is almost too painful to shut the car door any more. I keep thinking that I’m going to blow my finger off or start a small forest fire from the spark. In fact, I think the street lights dimmed the other night as this happen to me once again. Here’s the funny thing though, that little shock, it only last a split second. It hurts. It even might change what you do for a moment. But it is for a short time. See, our lives with Christ are too often this way. A small shock to the system, a great time at camp or the alter at church, but it only changes us for a moment. I had a friend when I was a kid who grabbed a hold of a power line while he was climbing a tree. He lost toes, felt intense pain, spent time in the hospital and was changed forever. This is what I want in my walk with Jesus. I don’t want just a little static electricity shock, I want the life changing power of the Holy Spirit to radically change who I am forever! Here is the awesome part of this…I now how to grab a hold of that power. How to grab that life changing power line that’s charged with God’s power. In Acts chapter 2, Jesus is getting ready to head to heaven and He tells His followers to how to grab a hold of this power that He has been talking about His whole ministry. He tells them to linger…to wait on God. Joshua, in the Old Testament, he knew how to do this too. He used to linger in the tent of meeting long after Moses left. Joshua’s life was characterized by power. I know that too often I rush through my daily times with God, or even find other things to do. Life is busy, no doubt. But guy’s, let’s not settle for the spark…let’s take time to linger, to wait, to spend time in God’s presence…and know the life changing effect of that Power Line!
0 comments:

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

About Me

My photo
Asotin, WA, United States
Follower of Jesus, husband, dad, and called to be His torch bearer to the world.

Blogs I Read

Followers