torch bearer
bringing the light of Jesus to a dark world John 8:12

God's greatness

I had the privilege to hear Pastor Brent Kimball rock the Word if God yesterday at Inspire Church of the Skagit Valley. He spoke in the greatness of God. Like he said starting out...where do you start, where do you go from there, and how do you ever end when talking about the greatness if God. Psalms 145:3 says that His greatness no one can fathom.  So this is a big topic.

Pastor Brent used space as such an awesome illustration of God's vast greatness. How we know so little about so much. The fact of the enormity of space and that God spoke it into existence.  God's greatness!

It struck me, and sadly I may not be the only one this is true of, that I can totally believe God spoke all if that into existence and yet fail to trust Him for the everyday stuff in my life.

I realized yesterday that I have fallen into the horrible trap of thinking that God is just a distant God. Still all powerful and full of greatness, but just not for my needs.

I have repented of that sin.

So I see again today that "Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised, and his greatness is unsearchable." Even in the smallness of my life and its decisions.

Where do you need to grasp His greatness in your life?

0 comments:

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

About Me

My photo
Asotin, WA, United States
Follower of Jesus, husband, dad, and called to be His torch bearer to the world.

Blogs I Read

Followers