torch bearer
bringing the light of Jesus to a dark world John 8:12

Fresh Perspective on Sacrifice

Just had a facebook conversation with a high school friend of Amy's. He is in Iraq right now. He says it's pretty dull right now, but prayers are still a good thing. I told him that I have a church full of patriots who love to pray, and asked him if he had anything in specific we could pray for. This is what he said, and this is from the heart of a battle-hardened soldier who has had many trips to the East.

Absolutely, I'd say for my family first, my wife, daughters and son, I know my wife's life isn't dull when I'm gone.

Powerful! Not only is he sacrificially battling for us overseas, but he shows his true warriors heart by selflessly asking for prayers for his family. He could have asked for anything, but that's his heart.

He shared with me many stories about how God is using him as His mouth piece while he is deployed. Stories of praying with the children of the area. Stories of his buddies giving him grief about his faith, but then not being able to deny the power of prayer that has saved their lives. Stories of how the Christian church is alive and active even in the middle of an Islam controlled area.

A truly humbling and life changing conversation for me. It gives a new perspective to the sacrifice that Jesus gave to us as we remember Him on this Good Friday.

Please pray for him as well as our other men and women around the world who are fighting for our freedom!

This is his name and information.

Jayson Rivas

I'm with 5th Special Forces, 2nd BN out of Fort Campbell

I'm a medic 18D is my MOS

0 comments:

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

About Me

My photo
Asotin, WA, United States
Follower of Jesus, husband, dad, and called to be His torch bearer to the world.

Blogs I Read

Followers