torch bearer
bringing the light of Jesus to a dark world John 8:12

Oh, Little Town of Northport

It amazed me on Saturday night, the talent that was displayed. We had our first Christmas Music Extravaganza led by our Worship Pastor, Angie. There was a huge array of styles of music, ages of musicians and singers and yet no lack in talent. She had the vision to pull off a "White Christmas" or "Holiday Inn" kind of evening. Let's just say that old Bing had nothing better than what I saw Saturday.

What I really took away from that night is the fact that just because we are a small church in a small town in an ungodly state doesn't mean that is what has to dictate us. The talent that was experienced on Saturday could easily have come from professionals in a much bigger venue.

Don't let your location, size, age or assumed talent level dictate or limit what you do for God. Just like Paul told Timothy, "Don't let them look down on you because you are young." Then he goes on to say (in my own words) "Just wow them with what the Holy Spirit has blessed you with."

Well, I was wowed and I was challenged to not be limited for what I do for Jesus' sake.

1 comments:

Eldon wrote:

"Don't let your location, size, age or assumed talent level dictate or limit what you do for God. Just like Paul told Timothy, "Don't let them look down on you because you are young." Then he goes on to say (in my own words) "Just wow them with what the Holy Spirit has blessed you with."

Well, I was wowed and I was challenged to not be limited for what I do for Jesus' sake."


Eldon,

That is very insightful! This is what we need to keep in mind when we tackle anything that seems daunting. If we are walking in the Spirit and listening to what He is saying, then it's not us doing it but the Holy Spirit doing it. Therefore if we are limiting what we think we can accomplish according to what we think we have to "pull out of the bag" so to say, we are limiting what God can accomplish through us! He knows of talents and giftings we may not even recognize yet in ourselves and others, and how to use them in a way that brings life.

Angie L.


Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

About Me

My photo
Asotin, WA, United States
Follower of Jesus, husband, dad, and called to be His torch bearer to the world.

Blogs I Read

Followers