torch bearer
bringing the light of Jesus to a dark world John 8:12

Play by Play

I got to play football with my kids the other day! It is always amazing to watch and listen to them as they do anything fun. They are constantly giving me a running commentary on what is going on and what they just did. "Then the ball went up like this and I ran back for it but I tripped and then I rolled and then the ball hit me on the arm and then it bounced back up and then..." Well, you get the idea. What is so interesting about this, is that I'm standing there the whole time. I was the one who threw the ball. I saw it happen at the same time and speed they did. I thought this was kinda weird until I realized why they were doing it...they loved what they were doing and wanted to tell anyone who would listen. They wanted to say out loud what had just happened in the physical. They want these moments to be burned into their minds as well as mine. You know, we can learn a lot from kids. Like the fact that we should be shouting out the things that Jesus Christ is doing with us and for us. We should be giving people the play by play of what we are doing with Him. "And then Jesus reminded me through a friend that He is in control even when we see life as out of control and then Jesus gave me this calm that only He can give and then He reminded me of areas in the past when He has taken care of situations that seem unbearable and then Jesus let me know that what I am doing is for His glory not mine or anyone else and then Jesus..."
2 comments:

I am continuously in awe of what you write on here!


Children are truly amazing.... We can most certainly learn a lot from children, I myself have learned and relearned many Lessons these last few months. My walk with the Lord has lead me to teach children in AWANA the Gospel, which I am enjoying and look forward to each and every Wednesday. These Children have made me see things in a whole differant Light and have made me a much better person. They have taught me many things and have given me so much Joy in my Life. I am Blessed to be a part of this Childrens Ministry, and be able to share with them my Love for our Savior and my most favorite Book the Bible. If we open our eyes and watch them, open our ears and listen to them we will find that they have much to teach us !!!!!


Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

About Me

My photo
Asotin, WA, United States
Follower of Jesus, husband, dad, and called to be His torch bearer to the world.

Blogs I Read

Followers