torch bearer
bringing the light of Jesus to a dark world John 8:12

Back to School!

Labels: ,
Back to school! The sound of sorrow for many kids and yet the victory chant of many parents. To me, it just means the chance to get back to something normal. Something that might bring a usable schedule back into my life. I have found that summer is hard. It creates a chance to relax, but maybe not get you to the place where you need to be. Either spiritually or physically. Just like the lines on a road, boundaries are good. Living our life outside of boundaries, what many call 'freedom', we are lost. If you don't believe me, next time you drive, take your car over one of the lines on the road. Either one. Doesn't matter. Yeah, see. Boundaries are a good thing. Jesus has boundaries set up for us in scripture, not to restrict all our 'fun', but to protect us from on coming traffic. So, school starts in 2 days, for this parent it is certainly a victory chant...but for different reasons. I'm glad that I can come back into a schedule, some boundaries, a place where God can protect me and teach me. Maybe we need to all look forward to school this year.
1 comments:

Hear! Hear! I'm in full agreement!


Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

About Me

My photo
Asotin, WA, United States
Follower of Jesus, husband, dad, and called to be His torch bearer to the world.

Blogs I Read

Followers